Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Transitions

This time of year, for many families, is a time of transition from the structure of school to the potential space that summer can allow.

This year it is also a big leaving for us. My son is graduating from 5th grade and moving on to a new school. We have been with this small magnet school for eleven years and it has been a community connection for our whole family. It has supported us to meet needs for deep connection, safety, authenticity, love...the list goes on.

I feel such deep gratitude mixed in with layers of grief as we leave a place that has supported so many of our values. Holding joy and gratitude together with grief and being fully present for it all is my intention. I am more conscious of subtle changes as I become more present and connected. In the past I have not been as present as I will be today. I will notice what I am letting go of as I hold the door open to what will arise in the next moment. And I will hold that space for Jack as best I can. Embracing transition with all of the feelings that surface, allowing them all to be.

As we move on, I know in my heart, the seeds that have been planted during our time at Amity Creek will continue to blossom as we journey on...in that way Amity is with us always.

How will you transition into Summer?

What do you want to be most present for?

Life Coaching for connection, balance and health.

Discover the Power of Choice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home