Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Story

I've seen this story before and felt the need to share it with you.

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters by Potia Nelson

Chapter One
I walk down the stree.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk...
I fall in...
I am lost...I am helpless.
It isn't my fault...
It takes forever to find my way out.

Chapter Two
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk...
I pretend I don't see it...
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same hole again.
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter Three
I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk...
I see it there...
I still fall in.
It's a habit but my eyes are wide open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault...I get out immediately.

Chapter Four
I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

Chapter Five
I walk down another street.

As I was sharing this with my husband last night he said "The Delman way of this story would be to stay in the hole, sense, feel, connect with your needs, develop a deep understanding of the wisdom that led you into the hole and then climb out and move onto chapter five."

I like options...how about you?

Lifecoaching for connection,
balance and health.

Discover the Power of Choice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home