Monday, July 16, 2007

The River

My family and I recently returned from a seven day river trip on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River in Idaho.

River trips feel like windows into another time period. Life is simple yet there is work, play, cooperation, danger, tranquility, beauty, difficulty, decision making, relaxation, light, water, rest, fun...did I say presence...you definitely have an opportunity to be in the moment. You still have to choose it though, you can stay lost in your thoughts or feelings but I found it easier to be in the moment because the moments seemed brighter more alive somehow.

Wildlife abounds out there and I have a deeper clarity about living in rhythm with the world around you. When I was surrounded by water, trees, earth, rocks... I felt an ease of choice that isn't apparent to me in the world of to do lists, rush hour, alarm clocks, concrete...


We saw otters, birds, big horn sheep, toads, fish, lizards...camped at hot springs, beaches, and rocky ledges. We laughed, sang, smiled, ran, walked, flowed, ate, slept and talked our way though 7 delicious days.

Into Balance Life Coaching

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home