Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Family Balance

I was speaking with another mother last evening who was saying she wanted to take her girls to a desert island for awhile to take a break. I often hear parents speaking in this way. The only way they see to stop the cycle of overscheduling is to escape.

I work with individuals to support them to recognize that it's our internal landscape that we need to focus on in order to create change that is empowering.

I shared with this mom how looking at our life from a holistic perspective has helped us stay balanced more often. We pause often as a family and check in, we connect and reflect about what is coming up, how things are going now, and how we want to move forward. We make decisions based on how each choice impacts all of us. The goal for us is to get as many of our needs met as possible.

We as parents have an opportunity to shift from too much to what's enough. I tend to fall back on remembering what I want most for my children. I want them to be kind, loving, strong individuals who know how to communicate compassionately and give and receive from their hearts. That isn't necessarily what is happens when lives are overscheduled. Connect often to what you want most for yourself and your children. Talk about it compassionately and support youself to make choices that feel great.


Coaching for connection, balance, and health!



Discover the Power of Choice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home