Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"Joy has nothing to do with material things, or with a man's outward circumstance...A man living in the lap of luxory can be wretched, and a man in the depths of poverty can overflow with joy" -William Barclay

As I continue to receive emails from my sister in Tanzania I am pulled to reading this quote.
We seem to have it so backward here in the U.S. Its not the stuff that has meaning, its being present, joyful, connected to now that is the meaning.

I keep wondering how many times I need to say it or hear it. To be able to be here but not be of it, not let it swallow me so that I forget once again what the true meaning of our existance is. Giving and receiving with compassion.

Okay I'm reconnected to it for now. The work is bringing myself back to it over and over again. Unlearning the need to be right, win, be better than, have more than...

How about you?


Coaching for connection, balance and health.

"Discover the Power of Choice"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home