Monday, August 28, 2006

Stuck

I was backpacking with extended family a couple of weeks ago and watched some children start their day off with candy, hot chocolate and chocolate chip bagels then move through the day with lemonade, candy… you get the picture.
I held my tongue because I honestly couldn’t come up with a way to share my deep concern without so much emotion that I might cry. I wasn’t brave enough to be that vulnerable in the moment.

Getting some time and perspective on the situation I recognize it is such a big a part of who I am- Eating healthy as a lifestyle – that to be surrounded by others that don’t feel that way turned me upside down.

I wonder now, am I the crazy one? Does it really matter what kids eat? Can I separate my philosophical belief from my being at times like this and simple let go?

I don’t know if I can. What I do know is my passion for health is so great that I feel a bit brokenhearted when I observe children being fed non-nutritious foods all day long. So I will continue to plug along here and support those that are ready to change their lifestyles and I am grateful for each opportunity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home