Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Choosing Health

I am in the process of creating a wellness flow chart and as I’ve been writing I see more clearly how wellness/health has not been on our minds in this fast paced, busy culture.
I don’t mean simply as individuals, I mean the bigger picture as well. If we don’t have access to healthy food, sidewalks, bike lanes, walk able communities; wellness becomes a chore versus a way of life. The cultural norms and pressures for all of us to be "doing", "productive", "busy" “driving” “snacking” is so ingrained that to step out and do it differently seems odd, uncomfortable and scary.
What do we need to do differently? The first step is to begin to simply notice in your own life where wellness comes in. How often do you shop, talk, sleep, eat, work... with your health in mind? How often are you checking in with what you are feeling and needing in the moment? What are the beliefs and opinions that are holding you back from living your healthiest life.

Your body, houses your spirit. For you to be healthy it is imperative to take care of both.

As westerners many of us are privileged with abundant resources and the ability to exert a lot of influence in the world. We get to take the time to reflect, learn and grow and choose our healthiest path not just meet our daily needs. For this reason I believe we have a responsibility to wake up and “just do it”.
I’m not talking “perfect” here; I am talking about making choices more consciously. So…what are you choosing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home