Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Perfect Madness

I've been reading a book titled "Perfect Madness", motherhood in the age of anxiety. This book has had a big impact on me. Its helped me see more clearly why it is so challenging to lead a balanced life as a mother in this culture. I now have more perspective on the how and why of my parenting style and insight into what I can do to support change. It's a good read with a mix of facts and stories. If you are looking for a new book, give it a try.

I also wanted to let you know that I will be on a rivertrip for the next 10 days. I'm excited and grateful for the opportunity to be in nature and have lots of "being" time. I look forward to sharing my experience when I return. I'll leave you with a quote I find inspiring:
"There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy. By being happy we sow anonymous benefits upon the world."
Robert Louis Stevenson.

1 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol - See you on the river!!! Demeree

 

Post a Comment

<< Home