Thursday, May 12, 2005

River of Life

Dear All,
This is a really interesting media to me. I now have a venue to share what I love with you. My goal for this blog (love that name) is to offer idea's, perspective and my personal experiences that continue to lead me to increased self awareness and greater self care. Since I began coaching I have become more aware of the craziness of our culture and the pace that we drive ourselves. What I want most for all women is for each of you to be making your decisions consciously from a place of value and need . We all have different values and capacities to handle stress. I believe we all need some support to check in and see where we are. An analogy I use is that a lot of the time it feels like we are all in a big boat going down river with no paddles and no idea what direction we are going. I want all of us to know how to get to shore, take some time to figure out what direction we are going, take a break, pick up some paddles, learn how to navigate the boat and get back in the river with more clarity and more tools. Then we can get on and off the river , when needed, to take a break and check our direction. So here's the question for today--------Where are you regarding this analogy and where do you want to be?

Thanks for listening and have a great day!
Best,
Carol

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my gosh! Nobody ever tells us that getting OFF is an option. We keep flayling wildly about, through rough and clear waters, waiting for someone to throw us a life preserver!(because we all 'know' we can't stop if we want to reach 'The Destination') Heavens, each day we may actually discover we have gone to far, and we are far to pooped, AND it isn't even where we want to be! Here's to getting OFF the boat: who can catch a paddle off balance anyway!?
(can I design the t-shirt?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home