Friday, January 19, 2007

Pressure cookers

I know I am a little behind on my recipes so for those waiting I will have one out next week.

In the meantime I wanted to share a new kitchen item that I can't imagine living without now that I have one. We bought a pressure cooker about three months ago. We cook beans, rice, vegetables, and soups in it. It has saved time, energy, nutrients and more. If I soak beans overnight it takes between 12-15 minutes to cook instead of an hour or two. Vegetables cook in just a couple of minutes and because of the tight seal and small amount of water used you don't lose the nutrients in the foods.


The biggest gift to me is the time savings. If you are looking for ways to decrease cooking time and increase healthy meals this is a great option. They are a bit spendy and are meant to last a lifetime, its a long term investment for health. We bought a Kuhn-Rikon and have been really happy with it.

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy"
-Thomas Fuller MD

That's it. May you all have a healthy, happy, inspired weekend!

Coaching for connection, balance, and health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home