Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Eating Season

As we move into the holiday season also fondly titled "The Eating Season" I like to keep some things in mind that support me to stay connected to my health as well as enjoy celebrating with food.(the 80/20 rule

The first is when I eat a balanced and healthy breakfast and lunch I can go to a party or event and indulge with more ease especially if I include some fueling foods on my plate.

The second is keeping up my exercise routine throughout the season. Consistency does work.

The third is to enjoy indulging in small amounts and really savor whatever it is. I don't necessarily need the biggest piece of chocolate cake, I might share a piece with my daughter and a smaller portion, well savored, can be enough.

The forth is to be mindful of the reasons I am eating. During the season I tend to eat for comfort, connection and celebration. While those are all wonderful needs I want to recognize that eating is only one strategy to get those needs met. I want to think ahead and develop other options so that I can meet those needs as well as the need for health and harmony within.

Think celebration, nourishment and health throughout the season.

Lifecoaching for balance, connection and health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home