Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm facilitating a workshop right now called the "Write Balance" tomorrow we'll talk and write about societal beliefs and norms. As I ready myself for this topic I found myself feeling sad that so many of the norms and beliefs I see in our culture cause so much stress and overwhelm. Not just for adults even the smallest of children are impacted by our willingness to go along with a culture, that in my opinion, is way off track.

What keeps us following along in the direction of the tide...As I watched Michael Moores "Sicko" a month or so ago I was struck by what one European said. He said that Americans are afraid of their government while in France the government is afraid of the people...does that filter into how we go along because we are afraid to be different, to say no, not to keep up, to lose the American dream...

I certainly don't have the answers and I will continue to do my best to raise my awareness of the norms and beliefs and choose, as much as possible, to live only the ones that feel most aligned with my heart.

How about you?


Life Coaching for connection, balance and health/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home