Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cost of Food

We were having a food discussion last night at one of our community meals. The cost of eating organic and local came up and people shared how expensive it is to buy that way. I recognize that financially it is expensive. What I feel a bit sad about is that somehow, in our culture, when we cost things out we tend to look first and often only at the financial. We haven't been trained to look at the cost of our carbon footprint, the cost to our health, migrant workers lives, cost to the soil, the planet, and ultimately the cost to the next seven generations...

There are so many area's of our western lives that we choose to be unconscious about because it brings ease to our finances. I recognize the challenge in myself and want to be more conscious.

What I want is to feel comfortable talking about these subjects outloud in any situation, to gently remind myself and others of the impact our choices have. I want to educate myself and others to learn to see cost as something greater than our personal financial picture.

I want to wean myself from behaviors and habits that have the greatest impact and be able to accept my indulgences. Be it where I buy clothes, how much I drive, what I choose to eat,or how I choose to vacation. I want to do my best to decrease my carbon footprint, support world health, and be conscious of how others lives are impacted by my choices.

Shine the light on your own life and choose in whatever way works best for you to
make some small shifts that may impact your pocketbook a bit more but the planet and other living things a little less.

Change your consciousness, change your life.

Into Balance Life Coaching

Discover Power in Choice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home