Monday, August 06, 2007

Progress

What is progress?

When I think of progress in terms of how our society has framed it I feel disappointed and sad. I think happiness, peace, joy, connection, family...have been relegated to the back seat as we have developed land, built buildings, roads, toys, electronics, cars... Progress is symbolized by our external development, our consumption, our financial wealth and it has taken a huge toil on the natural world and our spirits.

My definition of progress is focused on peace. I make progress when I am a part of creating peaceful solutions, loving environments, connection with our natural world, giving myself empathy and being able to recognize judgment and blame as opportunities to explore what is up for me instead of looking at someone or something else.

What would happen if more of us shifted to looking at progress from our own unique perspective?


I have a friend who recently said we can't ever have peace its not part of our makeup and for a moment I felt overwhelmed and sad. Later I recognized its only true if we let it be, we can change, we can have peace and it will take each of us doing our own part to make it happen.

To me Peace is Progress. I have a long way to go to attain it in my life and I will keep moving forward, sharing, modeling and doing the best I can with what I know in each moment.

Life Coaching for connection, balance and health

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home