Wednesday, December 06, 2006

"One of the marks of an intelligent person is to be able to distinguish what is worth doing and what isn't and to be able to set priorities"
-Anne Wilson Schraef

I don't know when this quote was written but I found it in a book by Julia Cameron. Again and again this seems to be the challenge of our lifetime.

How do you distinguish what is worth doing and what isn't?

How do we prioritize our choices?

For me again and again it comes back to my values. My values have remained fairly steady in the years of raising my children. My children continually validate my need to be connected. Be here with me now they say as they sit down for a snack, tell me a story, share their day,get frustrated, complain, laugh...

We've had conversations over the years so that they have more understanding about my spending time on myself and my passion for my work because in doing those things it brings me more present and fully alive. What is worth doing... being as alive as possible in the present moment.
That's worth prioritizing to me!

What's worth prioritizing to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home