Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Dick Grace

How, where, and why we give are personal choices. Here is one mans story of giving that touched my heart.

This article reminded me that when we give of ourselves we get the bonus of receiving a level of personal joy that is often missed when we are absent from the giving.

I am reminded daily if I focus my giving and receiving on what is right in front of me the rewards are the greatest. My days have meaning, I feel connected, and I have a sense of peace that now, in this moment, all is right with the world.

For me there has been a level of awareness I've needed to cultivate in order to see the gifts. I am very grateful I see the beauty in the small moments of my day and often receive them with my arms wide open.

We can't all contribute on the level Dick Grace does but we can contribute in our own way and fill up the cups of others as well as filling our own.

Where is it most important for you give?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home