Monday, November 13, 2006

The Holidays

What are some strategies to get your needs met throughout November and December?

It seems for many folks the holidays happen and we simply do our best to make it through without looking at strategies to support a more enjoyable stretch of time.

I find the most important piece for me is recognizing and acknowledging what my needs are for this time of year. My needs are for fun, connection, freedom, service, giving, and being present for all the opportunities to do random acts of kindness.

I want a stress free zone that allows for space to be creative and to give and receive from my heart.

I do believe it helps to have an intention for the season and touchstones that support you to remember what is most important.


It helps that I have an exuberant ten year old that reminds me regularly about the need for fun and being in the moment. Here is a funny quote I found that may support you to remember as well:

"An adult is just a deteriorated child"
-Max Wertheimer





Homework: If possible take a moment to think about the enthusiasm of a child and what they love about the holidays. Set an intention for the season, reflect on your needs and the needs of those around you and strategize to get them met!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home