Friday, October 27, 2006

Retreat

I just returned from a three day retreat at Breitenbush. Retreat has such a wonderful impact on my life. By spending time caring for myself I am able to reconnect and recommit to what is most important in my life. Which is being a grounded, present, joyful presence in my life and the life of those around me.

Retreat is a time for renewal and reflection. I reflected on how grateful and blessed I am for all that I have in my life including the opportunity to take three days off and leave my family.

It doesn't have to be three days, I find taking a hot bath, a quiet walk in nature, a Saturday filled with open space are retreat times too.

What would be your ideal retreat?

"Each of us inevitable;
Each of us limitless-each of us with his or her right upon the earth;
Each of us allow'd the eternal perports of the earth;
Each of us here as divinely as any is here."
-Walt Whitman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home