Sunday, October 29, 2006

Singing

I love to sing!

I don't have a voice that knows how to do it well, at this point, and I still get a huge amount of joy from it. This weekend we went to hear Tom Rawson a folk singer who encouraged the audience to sing along and not to worry whether you sang out of tune or not. In fact he had a couple of songs where he sang out of tune himself.

It made me wonder about the lack of singing in everyday life anymore.

How much have we lost not spending time singing and making music together?

Would it create more peace and connection in the world if we all spent some time making music together?
I think it might and at best it certainly couldn't hurt.

One of my neighbors and I committed to meeting occasionally and singing together and I am looking very forward to those moments.

How does it feel for you to belt out a song; be it in the shower, the car, on stage, at church...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home