Thursday, November 16, 2006

Gifts of Time

As we move into holiday season I am reminded to ponder what it is that has meaning for me and what is one more old "have to" I can turn into a "choose to" or let it go.

We've decided as a family to give gifts of time for each other this year. Each of us will give two gifts of time to the three others. Time meaning offerings such as; chores for a week, going out to lunch, take a hike or ski, a movie, game night...

I'm excited to explore this way of gift giving and to be able to give more financial aid to individuals and organizations that are in greater need than we are. I'm also curious to see how it affects our Christmas day having fewer packages and less material goods to look at. My hope is it opens up opportunities to connect by playing games, getting outdoors, and visiting neighbors and friends. We will see.

I like the idea of simplifying and I am very grateful my family is willing to give this a shot.

"There must be more to life than having everything"
-Maurice Sendak

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home