Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What would our world look like if we began to look at our purchase power from a place of sustainability and a healthy global economy?

I often hear individuals sharing their concerns about the cost of local and organic products. What I have come to recognize as I listen to these concerns is that we need a new way of calculating cost. Most of us have been trained to look at what something costs purely from the financial perspective, what it takes from our individual pocket. This way of thinking can limit our perspective and our ability to see the bigger picture and support ongoing life on this planet.

Perhaps it would be helpful to reeducate ourselves to understand and see the true cost. Questions like; How much fossil fuel did it take to get this product to me? Who am I supporting by buying this? What is the overall environmental impact of this choice...
Is it possible to shift into a sustainable perspective as you go about your daily life?
What I would like to consider is; what are the possibilities for our planet by making this shift?

How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home