Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Accomplishing

I’ve been noticing lately when I am speaking with friends how often I hear “ I didn’t accomplish anything today”. They may have spent the day at home, doing some cleaning, reading, playing with a child, walking the dog and “they didn’t accomplish anything.” What I’m wondering… Is this having to “do” in order to “be” anything belief that I see so prevalent in our culture devaluing the little pleasures in life? Do you feel “guilty” if you sit for an hour and read or take time for a nap?
Is that how you want to feel when you are taking some time to give yourself a bit of pleasure? Do you begrudge others that time?
Coaching tip:
Simply notice how often you undervalue the simple pleasures in your life. What is your belief around accomplishing? Interested in shifting your perspective...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home