Friday, February 10, 2006

"We are now at a point in time when the ability to
receive, utilize, store, transform and transmit data
-the lowest cognitive form-has expanded literally
beyond comprehension. Understanding and wisdom
are largely forgotten as we struggle under an
avalanche of data and information."
--Dee Hock, Birth Of The Chaordic Age

I had a bit of reading time when I was gone this week and took a favorite book-
I Will Not Die An Unlived Life by Dawna Markova. I only read the first couple of chapters and found this quote to share with you.

Sometimes I feel alone in my uneasiness about the direction we are going and then I read a quote like the one above and I let out a big sigh...and am grateful for the written word and how it can reconnect me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home