Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The past

“ One can never change the past, only the hold it has on you.” – Merle Shain

This quote reminds me of why I love coaching. The way to release the past is to explore the hold it has on you. What are the beliefs or concepts that hold you back from living in the now? To be consciously honest with the fact that the past is holding you back is the first step to releasing its grip. Ignoring it or not looking at it won’t support your letting go. Letting go is scary. As Marianne Willamson says:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us."

Two years ago if someone told me I would be writing a blog and articles for a newspaper I would have thought they were off their rocker. My past had led me to believe that I couldn’t write and even if I could who would find it interesting. By working with my own coach and honoring my passion to support others to live balanced healthy lives, writing has become not only a venue to share but also a fun and creative part of my work that I truly enjoy!

What part of your past has a hold on you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home