Thursday, June 15, 2006

Right or Connected

Is it more important to be right or to stay connected?

When I can ask myself this question in the midst of a challenging conversation, I can choose.

I'll be honest sometimes in the moment I choose right over connection. I learn a big lesson from it each time. The key for me is to really embody the lesson. It doesn't feel good in my body, heart, or mind to be disconnected, angry, or resentful.

When I choose connection and understanding it feels so much lighter. My heart feels light, my breath is full, and I am at peace in that moment.

"All spiritual practice brings us face to face with our particular resistance. It's important to remember that resistance isn't what keeps us from our spiritual work. It is our spiritual work" -Rabbi Avram Davis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home