Friday, January 13, 2006

Planning your day

I first was introduced to this particular way of planning my day when I saw the movie “What The Bleep Do You Know”. One of the scientists shared his way of creating his day before he actually got up. I have found it to be very helpful. It’s similar to setting intentions yet more in the moment.

Prior to getting out of bed in the morning I review my day in my head, paying particular attention to how I want to feel and what positive and fun emotions I want to have. I will focus on the specific events as well as the overall feeling. I find when I take the time to envision a day that feels great I am more likely to get it.

I have found this tool to be particularly supportive if I am venturing into new territory or have something more challenging coming up.

Give it a try! Set up a ritual that will work for you and commit to doing it every day for one week. Notice if the days feel different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home