Monday, December 26, 2005

The Exhale

We had a small and beautiful solstice celebration in my community last week and someone shared this way of looking at the changing season; Coming into the darkest time we are inhaling deeply and when we move more into light the exhale begins...

Inhaling we tend to want and crave more inner quiet, cozy times, more sleep... and yet our culture, our very lives don't change to support that cycle. I want to explore that, and ask myself to be more conscious of my own personal choices.

However today,I feel the exhale very consciously. The excitement of moving forward into a new year with committed actions, idea's and ways to support myself and others. I want to grow and give and feel as alive as possible in every moment.
Here's to the moments of exhale, I am in this moment committing to being more conscious of each inhale and exhale in the new year. How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home