Monday, December 05, 2005

Expectations around the Holidays

The holidays usually bring such mixed feeling for me. There is the desire to give and connect and the stress that comes with the beliefs and expectations around what all of it means anymore.
I don't know about all of you but I find the whole season a bit overwhelming. I can feel a change in the air on December 1st.
I wonder; what is the meaning of Christmas for most folks anymore?
Me, I want it to be less about shopping for material gifts and more about where are the needs. How can I serve? How can I model giving and gratitude to my children?
Now don't get me wrong I like gifts as well as the next but it seems like when I focus only on buying and wanting stuff I get lost in the world of the external. I want to go inward and see what my heart wants to do. It usually leads me in a direction that feels richer and more meaningful.
I want to prioritize time to stay healthy, spend quality time with friends and family and serve. It's a balancing act and I want the scale to tip in the direction of giving with meaning and being in gratitude!

Have you taken some time to reflect on what you want?

What direction does your heart want to go
?

Best,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home