Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The gift in not feeling well

I am continually amazed at how shifting my attention or perspective to one of learning, that I do indeed glean something from most situations.
I'm getting over a bad cold. During the time I wasn't feeling 100% I had some amazing moments with friends and family.
I usually tend to tough things out and not share how sick I am feeling. This time I shared how I felt with lots of people and received support in so many ways. Thank you everyone!
Being present with how my body was feeling and then choosing how to "be" or what to "do" created a new depth of empathy and compassion. I feel like I touched a new listening place. Allowing myself the opportunity for growth in a time when I am more vulnerable has been a gift. I find great joy in new gifts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home