Monday, March 27, 2006

Comparisons

Last week I noticed quite a few of my client comparing their life to others. What they were capable of doing, how productive their friend is, how easy it looks to be happy, fit and a great parent...you all know what I mean.

I spent time listening on a deep level to feelings and needs to support my clients to gain clarity. They were able to see that comparing is a hook we have in our society that gets us separated from ourselves. They were then able to acknowledge that they can certainly struggle more from that disconnected place.

You are the only one that gets to live your life. Spend a bit of time reflecting on the benefits of comparing yourself to others versus the benefits of being in gratitude for all that you are.

Societal influences/beliefs need to be brought to the light, acknowledged and then we get to choose from a place of awareness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home